As our staff huddled around the conference table in our weekly meeting to discuss our upcoming show, one topic stood out among the others. The Royal Baby is due. As a first time new mom, I wanted to share and tiny bit of advice for the expecting couple—royal or not—this stuff is universal.
1. Take a shower. Of course you want to, but finding time will be harder than you think.
2. Create boundaries. Yes, the Queen will want to visit frequently, but be firm — only between 12 and 2.
3. Don’t leave your favorite pillow at the hospital. I still miss mine.
4. Let Dad change the diaper on occasion – even if he does it the wrong way.
5. Don’t try to wear your old clothes for, well, a while.
6. Trust your instincts. You will know what’s best for the future Monarch.
7. Enjoy this remarkable time because it is fleeting.
8. Everyone will have advice— ignore it all except items 1-7.